Crochet Designer Interview: Gabrielle Atilano of Hello Gabby
2. What is your design for this month, and can you tell us a little bit about what inspired it?
3. What were some challenges about designing this piece?
The challenges for this design was creating the shrug with basic stitches that added a look of intricacy to the those who don’t crochet.
4 What are a couple of fun facts about you?
- My dream would be to travel in an RV with my husband and dogs, but a re-occurring question I keep pondering is … “where will I put my yarn?”
- The first concert I went to was Spice Girls.
- One of my favorite movies is Clue!
5. Anything else you'd like to add?
Crocheting is such a big part of my life that I hope to inspire others. My 11 year niece has been crocheting now for a few years, and whenever we get together I try to teach her a new stitch or concept in her creations. For Christmas she made me a snowman using a graph, and it has been one of the most meaningful gifts I have received.
6. How can our readers find you?
Readers can find me on Instagram, Etsy, Facebook, and now even Tik Tok!
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@hellogabby88
Are you a crochet designer (or would you like to be)? Crochet Foundry works with independent crochet designers to produce the gorgeous designs featured in our magazine. To find out more, visit our Submit a Design page and be sure to sign up for our Designer Email list to be notified of design opportunities.